The Dothan Police Department is pleased to unveil our newest addition to the police vehicle fleet. The color scheme chosen is in honor of all persons affected by breast cancer. As part of the “Real Men Wear Pink” campaign, the police department joins the American Cancer Society in raising awareness of this disease.
- On 10/15/2017, the Police Department was contacted regarding a two month old infant that was being treated for a significant head injury and multiple broken bones at the Southeast Alabama Medical Center. After a lengthy investigation, Joseph Alexander Pitts (24) was arrested for Aggravated …Read More »
- On Monday 10/15/2107 Vice Investigators arrested and charged 25 year old Stephen James Frank, of Saddlewood Trail, with Unlawful Possession of a Controlled Substance, Possession of a Pistol by a Violent Felon, Possession of Marijuana 2nd degree, and Possession of …Read More »
- The Dothan Police Department and Houston County Sheriff’s Office Vice Units have been working a joint investigation into the illegal distribution of narcotics for the past two weeks. On Friday night Vice Investigators from both agencies along with Houston County …Read More »
- On 10/14/2017, Cory Brunson (22), after a brief foot pursuit, was arrested for possession of a stolen firearm. Bond was set at $10,000.00. All subjects are considered innocent until proven guilty in a court of law.Read More »
- On 10/12/2017, Kristi Leigh Haynes (41) was stopped for shoplifting at Walmart Northside. During the investigation of the offense, it was discovered that she had previously been banned from the store and was also in possession of a schedule IV drug. Haynes …Read More »
The Dothan Police Department is dedicated to professional excellence as an exemplary and CALEA accredited public safety agency. We are committed to establishing an environment in which members of the department and the community continue to grow together; seeking to be a catalyst for positive change through persistent, personalized and cost effective use of public safety resources. By embracing the values of pride, professionalism and integrity, we remain devoted to maintaining the public trust.
Steven L. Parrish
Chief of Police