The Amnesty Court program can help persons who have outstanding warrants with Dothan Municipal Court for either failure to appear, failure to pay or failure to comply with a court-ordered referral. To learn more about the Amnesty Court program offered by the Dothan Municipal Court, please view our web page on the topic.
- The Dothan Police Department has arrested one of our own. Earlier today some of our officers were engaged in a training class when one of the supervisors began acting strangely. Two supervisors identified his behavior as erratic and highly unusual. …Read More »
- The United States Department of Justice recently funded a study of the effects of body-worn cameras on officer activity, officer use-of-force and citizen complaints. The study found that officers equipped with body-worn cameras made more arrests, wrote more citations, were …Read More »
- On 03/31/2018, Southside Wal-Mart located at 3300 South Oates St., received a phone call stating there was a Bomb in the bathroom. Wal-Mart was evacuated and the Dothan Police Departments Bomb Team responded and cleared the building and parking lot. …Read More »
- On March 25th at approximately 10:50 p.m. Dothan Police Officers responded to a suspicious vehicle at Stringer Street A.M.E. Church, 1900 Stringer St., while officers were in the area they discovered a wrecked vehicle at the intersection of Lake St. …Read More »
- On 3/22/2018, at about 1800 hours, Dothan Police were dispatched to the 700 block of S. Range Street in reference to shots fired. Once on scene, officers located the victim laying on the ground with what appeared to be a …Read More »
The Dothan Police Department is dedicated to professional excellence as an exemplary and CALEA accredited public safety agency. We are committed to establishing an environment in which members of the department and the community continue to grow together; seeking to be a catalyst for positive change through persistent, personalized and cost effective use of public safety resources. By embracing the values of pride, professionalism and integrity, we remain devoted to maintaining the public trust.
Steven L. Parrish
Chief of Police